EMI’s Engineering Services’ goal is to become an extension of our customer’s Engineering Department.
To assist our customers with their developmental needs, our Engineering team will collaborate with customers’ engineering teams to evaluate all components used. By evaluating components before production, we often discover and offer our customers lower cost component manufacturers, shorter lead times, more favorable availability, and lower risk components.
EMI shares decades of experience in component engineering and we offer our customers access to the most cost effective and available components through our experience with:
- Partnerships with regional suppliers
- Partnerships with offshore suppliers
- High-mix production experience
- Extensive database use for component crossing
We assist our customers with sourcing materials to avoid supply chain issues through our proactive process.
- Review customer Bill of Material (BOM), Approved Vendor List (AVL) integrity.
- Gather and centralize all customer approved AVL specs for world-wide access via our secure document management system.
- Identify alternative solutions for non-AVL parts.
- Identify fabrication parts/customer parts for offshore review
- Set priorities, research & review specs on potential alternate parts
- If preliminary research shows positive results -> provide samples, quote, and identify alternate part cross nature (DI, FE, SD)
- Identify overall target cost
- Stuff samples into board for customers final approval